The island of Villingili is the first luxury resort in Maldives. It is located at Addu Atoll.
International airport Male can be reached by domestic flight + speedboat in about 70 minutes.
Free your mind and open your senses to a life time experience, where the azure lagoon meets the colored sky, as if you're living inside a painting. This luxury resort is located on a 3km-long island with three freshwater lagoons and a fine sandy beach almost 2 km long. In order to protect the vegetation, the resort was built around large trees, including some mighty banyan trees. All of the original 17000 coconut palms and 45 plant species were preserved.
The resort features 2 bars and 3 restaurants, a large swimming pool, snorkeling area, a spa and kid's club.
The S-E-C (Environment Centre) provides information about plants and animals in the Maldives.
The 132 villas are spread across the island and are nestled in tropical vegetation or built on stilts above crystal-clear waters, with direct access to the lagoon.
Equipped with a king-size bed, bathroom, separate shower, outdoor shower, hairdryer, satellite TV, telephone, iPod, DVD player and a Nespresso machine, air condition, Wi-Fi, terraces with views of the sea and the island's vegetation.
approx. 133 m² (79 m² living area)
Comfortable bedroom, large terrace with day bed, loungers and swimming pool.
Deluxe Pool Villa
approx. 189 m² (93 m² living area)
Directly on the beach with separate bedroom and living room and larger terrace with loungers, dining area and pool.
approx. 166 m² (94 m² living area)
Built on stilts in the lagoon with a sun deck, loungers and direct access to the lagoon .
Tree House Villa with pool
approx. 218 m² (87 m² living area)
Same furnishings as Beach Villa, but on 3 metre-high stilts, with pool, separate living room and bedroom, spacious deck and view over tropical foliage.
Twin Beach Villa with pool
approx. 224 m² ( 118 m² living area)
2 beach villas with shared pool.
Serves tempting seafood dinners featuring everything from fresh sashimi, to prawns, to lobster.
All-day-dining restaurant, offers quality cafe dining inthe day and refined Western cuisine in the evening, including prime steaks and seafood, with a touch of the Mediterranean.
"Dr Ali's" Restaurant
Translates from Dhivehi as "house of treasures". The concept with three distinctive living rooms, each of which represents a different culture and cuisine, is the first of its kind on the Maldives. The three living rooms are inspired by the Indian Ocean, the South China Sea and the Persian Gulf.
Pool bar, located on the beach, is the stylish choice for music and cocktails
Under the palm trees, this open chic bar is the ideal spot for relaxation and unforgettable nights.
Our rates include daily half board: daily breakast buffet in "Javvu" restaurant and dinner a-la-carte (4 courses).
Full board includes daily breakfast buffet in "Javvu" restaurant, lunch a-la-carte (3 courses), and dinner a-la-carte (4 courses)
Various exursions and weekly activities.
Sports & Fitness
Included:Gym, 2 tennis courts, bicycle rental, golf courses.
In the 30.000 m² sport centre there is an area for surfers, divers and snorkelers, and other non-motorised water sports.
For a fee: Diving (PADI). There are more than 25 good diving spots on Addu Atoll.
Beauty & Wellness
The CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, was built at the highest point of the island of Villingili.
In the spa village treatments and therapies are offered that are based on the health rituals and traditions of China and the mystical Himalaya region.
The spacious treatment villas offer the atmosphere of a private "spa within a spa".
For a fee: Treatments, Massages, Beauty treatments
Ideal for Kids
The cool zone for children, combines educational activities and lots of beach-based activities.
Honeymooners get a romantic dinner at "Jaavu" restaurant, a romantic bath in the villa, and flowers decoration in the room on the arrival. A minimum stay of 4 overnights is required. Please inform with your reservation.
* Transfer is obligatory. Please provide your flight information (arrival and departure flight number and time).
* Speedboat transfer: Transfer by speedboat is available 24 hours per day (except in times with bad weather) . It can take from 10 minutes till 2 hours time. Night transfer is possible. There are no luggage limitations for this type of transfer
* Seaplane transfer: The duration for sea plane transfer can be from 20 minutes till 1 hour time. No night transfer by sea plane is possible. Transfer by seaplane is available from 06:00 until 16:30, every day. If your arrival time at Male is after 15:30 or your departure flight is after 16:30 pm, you must stay one night in an airport hotel.
The maximum luggage allowance for this type of transfer is 20kg per person.
* Domestic flight: Some resorts require a domestic flight from Male airport to Hanimaadhoo or Gan airport to be reached. Luggage allowance for this type of transfer is maximum 20 kg person.
Check in – Check out Information:
* Check in time: Your room is available for you from 14:00 on your arrival date. If you want to take your room earlier please arrange it upon arrival. For a guarantee early check in, you have to book one additional night.
* Check out time: You have to leave your room at 12:00 on your departure date. If you want a late check out, please arrange it with your resort’s reception desk. For a guarantee late check out, you have to book one additional night.
Meal Plan Information:.
** Same meal plan must be booked for all travellers in the same room.
** Same meal plan must be booked for entire stay.
** If you have booked your accommodation with BB, HB or FB please note that drinks are not included.
BB = Bed and Breakfast Drinks not included unless mentioned.
HB = Halfboard. Breakfast and Dinner(drinks not included unless mentioned). A lot of the resorts give you the possibility to change dinner to lunch. Please contact the reception.
FB = Full board. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner(drinks not included unless mentioned).
ALL= All inclusive. Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner and a big list of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. A lot of resorts by All Inclusive Meal plan offer tea breaks and small snacks during the day. You can check details information at each hotel’s page.
** Infants under 2 years pay a fixed rate of USD 8 per night directly to the hotel.
** With effect from 01 January 2012, a new airport tax is payable by all passengers departing from Male. The charge is $25.00 per departing international passenger (age 2 years and above). The tax can be paid by cash or credit card direct at the airport of Male.
** Do not forget to check that your passports have all necessary information for the entrance in Maldives. More information you can find at:
Maldives Immigration Office
or contact Maldives consulate / embassy in your country.
** The rates you see in our Online Hotel Booking Engine and our website are only valid for reservations made through GUNA Travel Germany GmbH.
* Free nights Offer:Free nights do not include Bed Tax of USD8 per day and per person. This charge is payable direct to the hotel.
*** General Booking Conditions ***
For the booking following details are necessary:
1) Correct guests' names they way they are written in the passports
2) Arrival and departure flight details (flight number and arrival / departure time).
Deadline for changes and cancellations
* for reservations made at least 1 month before check in date there will be a deadline of 2 working days for changes or cancellations.
* for reservations made less than 1 month before check in date we can not give any deadline and full payment is required.
Change and Cancellation policy:
After the "free cancellation" deadline the following cancellation fees will apply:
Cancellation until 30 days before arrival: 30% cancellation fees of the total amount.
Cancellation between 29 days and 16 days before arrival: 50% cancellation fees
Cancellation between 15 days and 08 days before arrival: 65% cancellation fees
Cancellation between 07 days and 04 days before arrival: 80% cancellation fees
Cancellation between 03 days before arrival and arrival day/noon: 90% cancellation fees
Changes or cancellations after arrival date/noon or check in are NOT possible!
Payment policy for bookings made AT LEAST 1 month before check in date:
* Till the end of the cancellation deadline, we will need 30% prepayment of the total booking amount.
* The rest payment of 70% is necessary latest one month before check in date.
Payment policy for bookings made LESS than 1 month before check in date:
* Full payment is required at the time of confirmation
Payments are possible either by bank transfer to one of our company bank accounts in Germany
or through Credit Card (Master, Visa) with no extra charge.