So, no matter at which part on this planet you are right now... we will be happy to get your request at: email@example.com
Hotels in Maldives - Information you should know before your booking
Tourist Visas requirements:
Tourist visas for 30 days will be issued on arrival only and are free of charge to all visitors in possession of valid travel documents (passports must be valid till at least 06 months later than departure date). Click here for complete information
Note that the possession of valid passports, and / or other travel documents is under the complete liability of the clients. Liability of GUNA Travel for the failure of any client to observe the law of the Maldivian Government during the visit is excluded.
We strongly recommend all our clients to get a full trip insurance package.
Insurance which includes cancellation and trip interruption, emergency medical expenses, baggage insurance and personal effects, flight or travel accident.
If you do not have your own insurance please e-mail us and we will give you our offer through our contract with ERV insurance company (Europäische Reiseversicherung AG - one of the leading travel insurance companies)
* There are two hospitals in Male, the Indhira Gandhi Memorial Hospital and the ADK private hospital.
* First-aid facilities are available on all resort islands.
* Normally, no vaccinations are required by the Maldives authorities. However, if you are from a Central African nation or South American, or if you have traveled through these areas to get to Maldives you need to have a valid certificate indicating that you have been vaccinated against yellow fever. If not you do not need any specific vaccination certificates to get into the Maldives. If you want to be extra careful, do consult your personal physician for his recommendations.
Airports in Maldives:
There are 4 international airports in Malidves
* Velana international airport. Also known as Malé International Airport, previously known as Ibrahim
Nasir International Airport, is the main international airport in the Maldives. It is located on Hulhulé Island in
the North Malé Atoll.
* Villa International Airport Maamigili. Also known as Maamigili Airport, is an airport in the Maldives. It
is located on the island of Maamigili in Alif Dhaal Atoll.
* Gan International Airport. It is located on the island of Gan in Addu Atoll (previously known as Seenu
Atoll) in the Maldives.
* Hanimaadhoo International Airport. It is located on the island of Hanimaadhoo in Haa Dhaalu Atoll.
There are 7 domestic airports in Maldives.
* Dharavandhoo Airport . Located on the island of Dharavandhoo in Baa Atoll.
* Dhaalu Airport. Located on the island of Kudahuvadhoo in Dhaalu Atoll.
* Kadhdhoo Airport. Located on the island of Kadhdhoo in Laamu Atoll.
* Fuvahmulah Airport. Located on the island of Fuvahmulah (also known as Fuvahmulaku) in Gnaviyani Atoll.
* Kaadedhdhoo Airport . Located on the island of Kaadedhdhoo in Gaafu Dhaalu (South Huvadhu) Atoll.
* Kooddoo Airport. Located on the island of Kooddoo in Gaafu Alifu Atoll.
* Thimarafushi Airport . Located on the island of Thimarafushi in Thaa Atoll.
Information about the transfer from/to the resort:
* Transfer by speedboat is available 24 hours per day (except in times with bad weather)
* It can take from 10 minutes till 2 hours time.
* Night transfer is possible (not valid for all islands).
* No luggage limitations for this type of transfer.
* Seaplanes operate from 6:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., 7 days per week.
* The duration for sea plane transfer can be from 20 minutes till 1 hour time.
* No night transfer by sea plane is possible.
* You must arrive into Male before 15:30 local time in order to catch a same day Seaplane transfer.
If you arrive in Male later than 15:30 , then you must overnight in a hotel in Male or Hulhumale.
* Departure Seaplane transfer is available the same day with your international flight only if your international
flight departs from Male earliest 09:00 in the morning. If your international departure flight is before 09:00,
you must overnight in Male or Hulhumale island.
* The maximum luggage allowance is 20kg per person (it is possible to book extra luggage at extra cost - often this luggage will be delivered separate by boat)
* Some resorts are reachable through a domestic flight. After the arrival at the regional airport a short dhoni (boat) or speedboat ride will take you to your resort.
* Domestic flights are operated day and night.
* The maximum luggage allowance is usually 20 kg checked in and 5 kg hand luggage per person.
During your stay in the resort:
Check in time:
Your room is available for you from 14:00/15:00 on your arrival date. If you want to take your room earlier please arrange it upon arrival. For a guaranteed early check in, you have to book one additional night
You have to leave your room at 12:00 (noon) on your departure date. If you want a late check out , please arrange it with your resort’s reception desk. For a guaranteed late check out, you have to book one additional night.
Meal Plan Options:
All meals are arranged at each resort’s main restaurant and most of the times they are in buffet form. Some resorts offer you the possibility to enjoy your lunch or dinner in one of the a-la-carte restaurants with a special arrangement.
The Meal plan must be the same for each room and for all overnights in the reservation.
If you have booked your accommodation with BB, HB or FB please note that drinks are not included.
BB = Bed and Breakfast
HB = Half board. Breakfast and Dinner (drinks not included unless mentioned). A lot of the resorts gives you the possibility to change dinner to lunch. Please contact the reception.
FB = Full board. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (drinks not included unless mentioned).
ALL = All inclusive. Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner and a big list of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. A lot of resorts offer as well tea breaks and small snacks during the day. More information at each hotel’s page.
* Infants age is till 02 years old.
* Some resorts don’t allow children ( for some resorts 11 years old and for some other 12 years old.) in water villas and water bungalows for safety reasons. You can take the responsibility for their security by signing a disclaimer note.
* The rates displayed on our Online Hotel Reservation Engine or on our individual offer e-mail, are only available when you make your reservation with GUNA Travel.
If you would like to reserve your room direct with the hotel, you will have to contact the hotel direct.
* Do not forget to read our booking and cancellation conditions. When you make your reservation with GUNA Travel, means that you accept these conditions.
* Your personal data is secured. All information and credit card details are submitted through a secure server and encrypted.
* With effect from 01 January 2012, a new airport tax will be payable by all passengers departing from Male. The charge will be $25.00 per departing international passenger (age 2 years and above). The tax can be paid by cash or credit card - some airlines have this fee already included in their ticket - please check with your airline.
* If "free nights" are included in your reservation , please note that there is an extra charge of USD 8 per day and per person for these free nights. This charge is payable direct to the hotel.
* Infants under 2 years pay a fixed rate of USD 8 per night directly to the hotel.
You can pay either
* by cash deposit to our company's bank account in Germany. Complete information you will get after your booking or you can request them by e-mail.
* by credit card (Visa, Master) . Our site and Online Hotel Booking System are hosted on a secure server. All information given to us will be encrypted. In case that you do not feel comfortable to give your card details through our website, you can request a secure payment link from us ...
Please note that we do not have any extra charge fee for payment via credit cards.
General Booking Conditions :
For the booking following details are necessary:
* Correct guests' names (the way they are written in the passports)
* Arrival and departure flight details (flight number and arrival / departure
* Full contact address and a telephone contact number.
Deadline for changes and cancellations:
* For reservations made at least 1 month before check in date:
After our booking confirmation you can make cancellations or changes free of charge for 2 working days (= option for 2 days). The prepayment has to be done until this deadline.
* For reservations made less than 1 month before check in date:
After our booking confirmation you can make cancellations or changes free of charge until 06:00 pm (18:00) German time (= "same day option"). Full payment is required by credit card (Master or VISA) or by bank transfer to our German company bank account before this deadline.
After the "free cancellation" deadline the following cancellation fees will apply:
Cancellation until 42 days before arrival: 30% cancellation fees of the total amount.
Cancellation between 41 days and 30 days before arrival: 35% cancellation fees of the total amount
Cancellation between 29 days and 22 days before arrival: 45% cancellation fees of the total amount
Cancellation between 21 days and 15 days before arrival: 55% cancellation fees of the total amount.
Cancellation between 14 days and 07 days before arrival: 75% cancellation fees of the total amount.
Cancellation between 06 days before arrival and arrival day/noon: 90% cancellation fees of the total amount.
Changes or cancellations after arrival date/noon or check in are NOT possible !
Note: In The Maldives, some resorts follow different cancellation policies and charges for different periods of the year. You will be informed with your reservation.
Payment policy for bookings made more than 1 month before check in date:
* 30% prepayment of total invoiced amount is required till the end of the deadline for the free cancellation. (2-3 working days after our confirmation)
* The rest payment of 70% of total invoiced amount is required latest one month before check in date.
Payment policy for bookings made LESS than 1 month before check in date:
* Full payment of total invoiced amount is required at the time of confirmation
Payments are possible either by bank transfer to one of our company bank accounts in Germany
or through Credit Card (Master, Visa) with no extra charge.
The Hotel Voucher and the original invoice will be issued after receipt of the total payment.
GUNA Travel - The smart way to travel.